Complex treatment and prophylaxis of diseases caused by biotin deficiency in adults and children:
- Hair diseases: high hair thinness, hair fragility, hair falling, increased greasiness or dryness of hair, grey hair
- Skin diseases: dermatitis, seborrhea oleosa, dryness and peeling of skin
- Nails diseases: fragility, exfoliation, nails growth or structure abnormality
- Gastro-intestinal tract functional disorders: including malabsorption syndrome
- Psycho-emotional disorders: expressed irritation and fatigability, somnolence, apathy, muscle weakness
- Biotin deficiency may be in such cases: gut organisms disorders (dysbacteriosis) because of prolonged treatment by antibiotics; in unbalanced nutrition, malnutrition, long diet; in usage of unboiled ovalbumin (it prevents Biotin absorption); in parenteral nutrition; in patients on hemodialysis; in absorption processes disorders (malabsorption syndrome, states after enterectomy).
The recommended dose in the treatment of diseases of nails, hairs and skin, and neurology disorders is 5 mg of Biotin per day.
In adults with Biotin deficiency symptoms, the recommended dose is 5-20 mg per day.
In biotinidase deficiency in adults and children, the recommended dose is 5-10 mg per day.
biotin 5 mg
5 mg in tablet