Biotin is indicated for the treatment and prophylaxis of diseases caused by biotin deficiency in adults and children.
12 in stock
Complex treatment and prophylaxis of diseases caused by biotin deficiency in adults and children:
- Hair diseases: high hair thinness, hair fragility, hair falling, increased greasiness or dryness of hair, grey hair
- Skin diseases: dermatitis, seborrhea oleosa, dryness and peeling of skin
- Nails diseases: fragility, exfoliation, nails growth or structure abnormality
- Gastro-intestinal tract functional disorders: including malabsorption syndrome
- Psycho-emotional disorders: expressed irritation and fatigability, somnolence, apathy, muscle weakness
- Biotin deficiency may be in such cases: gut organisms disorders (dysbacteriosis) because of prolonged treatment by antibiotics; in unbalanced nutrition, malnutrition, long diet; in usage of unboiled ovalbumin (it prevents Biotin absorption); in parenteral nutrition; in patients on hemodialysis; in absorption processes disorders (malabsorption syndrome, states after enterectomy).
The recommended dose in the treatment of diseases of nails, hairs and skin, and neurology disorders is 5 mg of Biotin per day.
In adults with Biotin deficiency symptoms, the recommended dose is 5-20 mg per day.
In biotinidase deficiency in adults and children, the recommended dose is 5-10 mg per day.
biotin 5 mg
5 mg in tablet